compensation: $23.00 - $25.00 per hour - based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Western Express is currently looking for a technician/ mechanic to fill the position for our Roadside Assistance Technician which is focused on providing top service to our fleet drivers who have roadside assistance needs in the area. This technician will also be responsible for preforming annual inspections and some repairs on trailers that are located offsite from our service facilities. This position will be responsible for being able to diagnose and repair all types of maintenance issues on both trucks and trailers.
Qualified candidates will have prior, demonstrated experience in both tractor and trailer repair, and have proficiency in the use of all types of repair tools. Individuals must be willing to drive a road assist vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Now Offering at our Plainfield Facility:
- $2,000-4,000 sign-on bonus (based on experience)
- $1,000 annual tool allowance
- $500 - $1,000 referral bonus paid through first 60 days
- Free online and Hands-on training to get your certifications --- hourly pay increased as courses are completed
- Industry Competitive Starting Wages
- $50.00 Annual Work Boot Credit
- Flexible Schedules also available
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test
- Respond timely to road assist calls and repair units by identifying and determining: 1) parts requiring replacement, and 2) warrantable repairs, documented appropriately.
- Perform diagnostics and non-road assist call repairs that can be dropped quickly, as needed.
- Restock rapid assist vehicle with tools, parts, tires, or anything else required to perform an effective road assist.
- Perform maintenance or repairs to road assist vehicle as required.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop repairs as directed by supervisor.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor and trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components preferred
- Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification required
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Ability to work in non-climate-controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Western Express employment application, and pre-employment drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Benefits: Available through Blue Cross Blue Shield and AFLAC to include Medical, Dental, Vision and also a Fidelity 401(k).
If you are interested in becoming part of our great Maintenance Team at our new facility, or just learning more about the opportunities available, please reply to this post, with your resume if available and we will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers