compensation: Competitive wages w/ Overtime! Great benefits including medical coverage, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and much more! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight van bodies and refrigerated truck bodies in the U.S. Joining the Morgan team means being part of a growing company with huge rewards for your career. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance recognition and a culture of diversity and respect.
Competitive wages w/ Overtime! Great benefits including medical coverage, 401K, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and much more!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Weld metals according to customer or employer requirements.
2. Ensure high safety measures while working such as donning protective gear for the face and body.
3. Operate heavy equipment such as industrial saws.
4. Examine the equipment after welding and advise maintenance of defects.
5. Plan/set up of welding operations before beginning.
6. Read blueprints and weld according to the plan.
7. Senior welders will supervise welding operations of junior welders.
8. Train junior and entry level welders.
1. A thorough knowledge of the different methods and symbols of welding.
2.Must be able to successfully pass the company certification for all designated welding applications it certifies on.
3.A thorough knowledge about safety precautions while working.
4.Ability to read blueprints and understand instructions.
5.Ability to analyze work at hand and execute welding procedure per training certifications.
6.Good decision-making skills.
7.Ability to work in heat and smoke.
8.Must pass medical questionnaire.
9.Must be able to finish work within given time.
• Must have at least 7+ years welding experience.
• American Welding Society Certification is preferred but not required.
• Previous related welding experience with box trucks, tractor-trailers or similar applications.
• Compensation is commensurate on level of proficiency when taking welding test for certification.
We will provide training for additional welding certifications in the six (6) company welding applications.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.